According to multiple local reports, the Alaska State Troopers received a report on Wednesday, March 17 around 11:30 a.m. that Gary’s home was completely conquered by fire. Because Gary hasn’t been seen since, it is believed that he was home during the time of the fire.
Many people in the Port Protection community described “seeing human remains in the fire ashes.” One Reddit user pointed out that the same conditions that make Port Protection so fascinating to watch are also what makes it dangerous for its residents.
It is believed by many that Gary was fixing up his propane hot water tank and that it exploded in the process. Although Gary likely had a fire extinguisher, it was not nearly enough to put out a propane tank gas explosion. This, along with a lack of an organized fire department and the town’s isolation, make its conditions even more dangerous than we realize.
View more information: https://www.distractify.com/p/how-did-gary-muehlberger-die-port-protection